Table of Contents
Tracking social shares is not a complicated task. You can do that without help of any other tool, all you have to do is log into your social media account. The cherry on the top of your social media cake is the analytics. That’s where media monitoring tool comes in handy!
The good news is you can easily see how many times a page has been shared on social media platforms by using Shared Count. You can paste any url into Shared Count and it will show you how the article has been shared across Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Delicious, StumbleUpon and Pinterest.
How do I track shares on Facebook?
It’s possible to check directly from your timeline whether someone has shared your content.
- Select your name on the main Facebook page.
- Scroll down to look at your posts.
- If you see text directly underneath a post that says something like ‘1 share’ (or more if you’re popular), that means it’s been shared.
How do you measure the success of a social media campaign?
5 Steps for Measuring the Success of a Social Media Campaign
- Set Goals. Before you start measuring every single Facebook like, tweet, Instagram photo and comment about your products or brand, you need to set some goals.
- Create Metrics for Measuring Goals.
- Measure Your Success.
- Monitor and Report.
- Rectify Errors.
2. Craft captions that make your posts more visible
- Implementing a hashtag strategy on networks like Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn (hint: research says that posts coupled with hashtags receive more reach than those without them)
- Using appropriate call-to-action phrases in your copy (think: “retweet” or “share this”)
Check Your Google Analytics Google Analytics is the best tool for tracking how many referrals and visits your blog post has received from search, social media and other sites linking to your blog posts. You can check the number of sessions from social media via the Landing Pages link in your Social Media dashboard.
How do you search if a link has been shared?
To find out what stuff from your blog has been shared on Pinterest, put http://www.pinterest.com/source/ in your address bar, followed by your blog’s URL (without the HTTP and WWW stuff.) For example, my URL is melbel.hubpages.com.
What is shared count?
The share count is the measure by which investors can track ownership of a company. For example, if Investor A owns 100 shares of John’s Pizzeria, then, this means Investor A owns 10\% of the overall equity of the company.
Depending on the ‘Privacy Settings’ of the persons, you might not see the name of everybody that shared your post on Facebook. If the people that shared your post, shared it with the privacy setting of ‘Friends’ or ‘Only Me’, then you will not see their name if you are not friends on Facebook with them.
How do you know if your campaign is successful?
For a campaign to be considered successful, there should be proof that it drove its primary objective, not some secondary metric or serendipitous result that was never actually intended or desired. That proof should, of course, show that the campaign exceeded predetermined industry benchmarks and business goals.
How do you track a successful marketing campaign?
Here are some of the common KPIs you should measure for each of your campaigns, regardless of the type, channel or medium:
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Cost per Win (Sale)
- Cost per Lead.
- Conversion Rate (or Goal Completion Rate)
- Incremental Sales.
- Purchase Funnel.
- Customer Lifetime Value.
How do I find shared content?
How to get people to share your content?
- Customize social meta tags. By default, social networks will automatically pull data from your webpage’s meta values whenever you share it in different social media accounts.
- Ask for shares.
- Use images.
- Use tools.
- Do round-up posts.
- Add social sharing buttons.