Table of Contents
What to do when you find out your wife had an affair?
These tips will help you take practical steps to cope with it.
- Give yourself some time.
- Talk to your partner.
- Avoid cutting in on what your partner is saying.
- Ask your partner to tell you the truth, however painful.
- Ask questions if you need to, but try to focus on the facts.
Should I forgive my wife for having an affair?
When someone cheats on you, your mind and emotions scream at you to hate, punish and never forgive. It’s hard to let go of those feelings. Nonetheless, forgiving someone for cheating will actually benefit the faithful person more than the cheater. Forgiveness is the antidote and the only way to move on.
What percentage of marriages recover from an affair?
New Survey Finds Only 16 Percent of Couples Survive an Affair. Whether you stay or go has a lot to do with your gender and relationship status. While why men cheat and why women cheat tend to differ, there’s no denying that infidelity is not uncommon for both sexes.
How do I reassure my wife after an affair?
Acknowledge and validate your spouse’s feelings about the affair.
- For example, you could say, “I can see that you’re really angry with me right now.
- Don’t say things like, “I know this is upsetting, but just try to calm down,” or “Come on, I just kissed him a few times.
How do I move on after my wifes affair?
If you are committed to surviving your wife’s infidelity and saving your marriage, here are 8 important strategies to consider.
- Don’t make quick decisions.
- Accept your feelings.
- Figure out the reason(s) for the cheating.
- Be smart.
- Be willing to let go of the images.
- Call in the experts.
- Give yourself time.
Do marriages last after an affair?
Few marital problems cause as much heartache and devastation as infidelity, which undermines the foundation of marriage itself. However, when both spouses are committed to real healing, most marriages survive and many marriages become stronger with deeper levels of intimacy.
How do you trust after an affair?
Be honest, use full disclosure about the affair, and find a way to atone or express remorse. Deal with the traumatic feelings after the discovery and be willing to ask and answer questions. Must end the affair. Be willing to apologize for cheating in a sincere way and promise not to repeat it.