Table of Contents
Why should we tolerate other cultures?
Cultural inclusiveness and tolerance can play a crucial role in bringing closer people who speak different languages, practice different religions, follow different customs, and believe in different values, and therefore promote harmony.
What efforts are we required to be tolerant?
4 Ways to Promote Tolerance and Respect in Your Child
- Make her feel special, safe, and loved. Don’t spare words of praise or affection.
- Teach him about new places, people, and cultures.
- Use positive comments to shape and reinforce her behavior.
- Model tolerance and respect.
Why is social tolerance important?
Tolerance is an important concept that helps people to live together peacefully. To be tolerant means that you accept other people’s opinions and preferences, even when they live in a way that you don’t agree with. Tolerant people show strength in that they can deal with different opinions and perspectives.
How is being tolerant a good thing for an ethical theory?
They argue that tolerant people value the individual, his or her independence and freedom of choice. When tolerance is placed within the moral domain relating to fairness, justice and respect and avoiding causing harm to others, it can only be viewed as a positive moral virtue.
Why is respect and tolerance important?
Tolerance and mutual respect have to be learnt Being tolerant of each other and caring for each other is what makes us human. By teaching tolerance, we allow individuality and diversity while promoting peace and a civil society. Every person of every religion has an obligation to uphold the meaning of tolerance.
How do you promote cultural tolerance?
Tips to Promote a Culture of Tolerance in the Workplace
- Draw a Clear Line. The fact that you have employees from different backgrounds and cultures does not mean anything and everything should be permitted.
- Respect Operational Routine.
- Choose Your Words Wisely.
- Help Them Understand Each Other.
- Lead by Example.