Table of Contents
How do I find the Users Folder?
As shown in the following steps, if you type \%USERPROFILE\% in the location bar, File Explorer opens your profile folder.
- Open a new File Explorer window. You can open it from the Start menu (Windows System → File Explorer).
- Click in the location bar.
- Type \%USERPROFILE\% and press Enter .
How do I find the Users folder?
Where is the user folder in Mojave Mac?
- Go to Finder > Go. Select Go to Folder (or use Shift+Command+G) Type this exactly: ~/Library. Your user library opens so you can inspect the contents.
- Go to Finder > Go. Press the Option Key. If you release the Option key, the Library option disappears from the menu. Select Library. Your user library opens.
How do I open library on Mac Catalina?
If you wish to hide the user Library folder again, simply return to View options and uncheck the setting. You can always temporarily access the User Library folder at any time through the “Go” menu as well.
Where is the Users folder on Mac Big Sur?
Follow the steps below:
- Open a Finder window.
- Open your Home folder (Go > Home) or you can use this shortcut: Command+Shift+H.
- In the Home folder, from the menu bar, click View and Show View Options.
- Find the option that says “Show Library Folder”.
- And the library folder will appear in your home folder.
What is user library in Mac?
In macOS, the library folder is used to store user account settings, preference files, app support files, caches, and other important data that allows your Mac to function as it should. Making haphazard changes to the library folder can cause damage to your system, which is why Apple hides the folder by default.
How to make the library folder always visible in macOS Catalina?
Whether you frequently mess around with the users ~/Library folder or you just want it visible all the time for another reason, you can make a simple adjustment to Finder View options to reveal the Library directory all of the time. Here’s how to make the Library folder always visible in the users home directory in MacOS Catalina:
How do I find the user folder on a Mac?
To temporarily reveal it, in Finder, hold down the Option key (alt) and select Library from the Go menu. To display it always, select your Home folder (cmd-shift-h) and Show View Options (cmd-j). Check the box to show the Library. User folder was sometimes hidden; this was fixed in the update to v. 10.9.4.
Why can’t I delete the builtin users folder in Catalina?
Seems like when they released Catalina, Apple might have baked in some hard-coded rules in the kernel against deleting the builtin Users folder.
Why can’t I See my Public folder on another MAC?
If you don’t see a Public folder on the other Mac, make sure it has file sharing turned on. See Set up file sharing on Mac. Do any of the following: Drag files from the user’s Public folder to your computer. Drag files from your computer to the Drop Box in the user’s Public folder.