Table of Contents
How do I insert a horizontal line in Word 2016?
Place your cursor where you want to insert the line. Click the Home tab and then click the dropdown arrow for the Borders option in the Paragraph group. From the resulting list, select Horizontal Line.
How do you make a straight line in Word?
How to create a straight line in Microsoft Word
- Go to the Insert menu.
- Click on Shapes, and select which type of line you want to draw.
- Press the Shift button on the keyboard while dragging the pointer to form a straight line (horizontal or vertical).
- The straight line has created!
How do I insert a vertical line between words in Word?
How to Add a Vertical Line and Separate Text into Columns
- Select the text.
- Go to Ribbon > Layout > (Page Setup group) Columns. Click on the dropdown and select the number of columns you want.
- The text is now arranged into columns.
- In the Columns dialog box, check the Line Between box and click OK.
Can you add a horizontal line in Word?
To insert a line into a Word document using the built-in Horizontal Line tool: Place the cursor where you want to insert a line. Go to the Home tab. In the Paragraph group, select the Borders drop-down arrow and choose Horizontal Line.
How do you make a line on word using the keyboard?
Inserting a line using keyboard shortcuts
- To insert a plain single line, type three hyphens (—).
- To insert a plain double line, type three equal signs (===).
- To insert a dotted line, type three asterisks (***).
- To insert a bold single line, type three underlines (___).
- To insert a wavy line, type three tildes (~~~).
How do you put a line through text?
When you have your text selected, look on the “Home” tab of Word’s Ribbon. In the “Font” group, click the Strikethrough button (it’s the three letters with a line drawn through them). Now, any text you had selected should be struck through. You can also apply strikethrough formatting using the Font window.
How do I create a fill in the blank line in Word 2016?
Place the insertion point where you want the ruling line (underlining). On the Format menu, click Font. In the Underline style box, select the line style you want, and then click OK. For every blank space you want to underline, press CTRL+SHIFT+SPACEBAR.
How do I insert a horizontal line between words in Word?
- Put your cursor in the document where you want to insert the horizontal line.
- Go to Format | Borders And Shading.
- On the Borders tab, click the Horizontal Line button.
- Scroll through the options and select the desired line.
- Click OK.
How to insert a line in word?
1) On the Insert tab, select Shapes . 2) Under Lines, select any line style you like. 3) Select a location in the document, hold and drag your pointer to a different location, and then release the mouse button. See More…
How do I make a line across the page in word?
Click the Insert tab. Click the Shapes button. Click the first line button under the Lines section. The cursor changes to a plus sign. Position the cursor on the left side of the Word page. Press and hold down the Shift key. Drag the cursor to the right side of the page.
How to insert a horizontal line in word?
Place the cursor where you want to insert the horizontal line.