Table of Contents
Is solar panel a good business?
The solar panel industry is seeing a year over year growth of 15\%, which makes it an industry that is worth getting into. If you have knowledge in renewable energy sources and have the drive to get out there and make it happen, it can be a really successful business venture.
Is solar panel business profitable in India?
Since solar projects need no fuel, almost all cost is in buying and installing the panels and a per MW cost of Rs. 8 crore makes a tariff of Rs 7-8 per KWh from solar possible. 8 crore then a 1 MW plant can make a profit of 1.6 crore per year, for 25 years!
Is selling solar panels profitable?
Solar sales jobs can be quite lucrative and often don’t require previous experience in the field.
How do I start a solar business?
Product-Oriented Solar Business Opportunities
- BE A DISTRIBUTOR. As more and more manufacturers emerge, the portfolio is going to fortify.
- SELL AFTER MARKET PRODUCTS.
- SELL 3RD PARTY PROVIDED SERVICES.
- INVENT SOLAR PRODUCTS.
- FIND NICHES.
- PRODUCE INFORMATIONAL PRODUCTS.
- PRODUCE FINANCIAL PRODUCTS.
- DEVELOP & OWN SOLAR PROJECTS.
How can I start solar plant business in Tamilnadu?
For setting up solar photovoltaic power plants set up by existing units for captive consumption:
- Existing Assisted and Non-assisted units.
- The existing unit should be in operation for the past 3 financial years.
- The existing unit should have earned at least cash profit for the last 3 financial years.
How solar panels make money in India?
After signing a power purchase agreement with the power companies, the total investment per kilowatt for setting up a solar plant will be Rs. 60000-80000. State governments are also giving special offers for this. After this, you will get money at the rate of per unit for selling electricity by setting up a plant.