Table of Contents
What should I do the summer before an AP class?
5 Things to do this Summer to Prepare for Your First AP Course
- Managing summer work. Nearly every AP course will include summer work.
- Study group or tutor?
- Keeping in touch with the teacher.
- Managing the reading list.
- Leave enough time to complete assignments.
How can I get ahead in AP classes?
How To Succeed In AP Classes & AP Exams
- AP classes are college-level classes.
- Check out a good AP prep book.
- Thoroughly review the class syllabus.
- Keep yourself organized.
- Find Content Review Resources.
- Use those Practice Exams and Questions.
- Study AP like you have never studied before.
- Stay positive throughout the test.
Should I enroll my students in honors and AP courses?
With this in mind, encourage enrollment in honors and AP courses even if your students have the impression that only “top” students should take these courses or the fear that taking a challenging course might result in a lower GPA. Advanced-level courses are worth the extra effort.
What should I do if my school doesn’t offer AP classes?
If your school does not yet offer AP or honors courses, encourage students who have exhausted all your school offerings to enroll in courses at a local college. Honors classes often offer the same curriculum as regular classes but are tailored for high-achieving students — covering additional topics or some topics in greater depth.
What is an honors class in high school?
Honors courses. Honors classes often offer the same curriculum as regular classes but are tailored for high-achieving students — covering additional topics or some topics in greater depth.
What should you do during the summer before high school?
Here are some things that you can do during the summer before you start high school to make sure you start the next four years off on the right foot in the fall. It may seem a little bit early to start planning out the next four years, but drawing out a four-year plan now will make things much easier in the long run.